none
Replica is inconsistent on Computer System Protection Bare Metal Recovery and System State RRS feed

• Question

• Hello guys,

I got the following issue with System Center DPM 2012: 

My environment: I backup 8 virtual machines in a protection group. All other backups are fine. The only problem i have is Bare metal Recovery and System State. It never worked since the beginning of the installation. All other backups work but this one doesn't. My disks databases are successfully backed up.

Please help on resolving the issue. Here is the error message :

Affected area: Computer\System Protection
    Occurred since: 3/8/2013 11:19:25 AM
    Description: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on HYV05-DPM-12.americas.hpqcorp.net is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until the replica is consistent.

For SharePoint farm, recovery points will continue getting created with the databases that are consistent. To backup inconsistent databases, run a consistency check on the farm. (ID 3106)
     The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on HYV05-DPM-12.americas.hpqcorp.net is not consistent with the protected data source. DPM error ID = 92. (ID 33123)
     More information
    Recommended action: 
     Synchronize with consistency check.
     Run a synchronization job with consistency check...
    Resolution: To dismiss the alert, click below
     Inactivate

Monday, March 11, 2013 9:19 PM

Answers

• Please check the protected server (PS) and make sure the Windows backup feature is installed and if already installed look for any event messages on the PS for Windows backup that may detail the cause of the failure. 

To test BMR backup outside of DPM, try this command:

1) Set up a network share on a remote machine \\server\bmrshare

2) From an administrative command prompt on the PS, type:

wbadmin.exe start backup -allcritical -backuptarget:\\server\bmrshare

This should show you the list of volumes included in the BMR backup and ask "Do you want to start the backup operation?. - Type Y to continue..

3) Troubleshoot any Windows backup problems that occur, once this works, DPM should be able to take BMR backups.

Windows 2008 backup logs are located in the %windir%\logs\WindowsServerBackup folder

If the error isn't self explanatory, please open a thread in the Windows backup group concerning the wbadmin error.

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsbackup

4) Check the disk space required for the BMR by looking at the \\server\bmrshare and make sure the replica volume on the DPM server has enough disk space allocated to hold the BMR backup.

NOTE: BMR backup does NOT require any disk space on the PS, DPM writes directly to the DPM Servers replica volume. However, if you only select SystemState (not bmr option) - then DPM will require ~15GB free space on the PS.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, Mike J. [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013 11:34 PM