none
Getting error moving users from lync 2010 to SFB online RRS feed

• Question

• I have an on-prem lync 2010 environment and Skype for business online. All account are online except for about 8. When moving them I get the error below. I been able to move all accounts, but these seem to have some issue. I checked the accounts and they are in the same OU as all the other accounts that moved. I see in ADSIedit that the accounts have the SIP entry for "msRTCSIP-PrimaryUserAddress" as sip:username.domain.com.

Any idea what to check?

thanks 

Move-CsUser : HostedMigration fault: Error=(201), Description=(Cannot find user in Active Directory with the following
    SIP URI: "sip:<user>@<domain>.com")

Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:21 AM

Answers

All replies

• Look at this thread: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/lync/en-US/f39bdf59-b70e-4076-9266-e60d2006089a/cant-move-users-from-on-premise-lync-2013-to-lync-online-office-365?forum=lyncprofile
    Also check, if cmdlets Get-CsUser and Get-ADUser are without errors.

MCSAnykey

Saturday, April 22, 2017 1:37 PM
  • make sure the SIP address is present in Proxyaddress attribute in AD as SIP:user@domain.com

share get-csuser | fl for this affected one 

MCSA Office 365 | MCSA Exchange server 2010 | Red Hat Certified Engineer

• Edited by Akabe Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:10 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Alice-WangModerator Monday, April 24, 2017 7:08 AM
    Saturday, April 22, 2017 2:08 PM
  • Hi rondefino,

Did this issue just appear on the specific user?

For this issue, in addition to the suggestions above, please check if you have duplicate entries for the user accounts.

Please also check if your HostedMigrationOverrideURL is incorrect.

The following blog is for your reference
    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn689115.aspx

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 24, 2017 7:08 AM
  • Agree with others , try and see what get-csuser command is returning and verify the user has all the attributes required comparing  with others. 

Linus || Please mark posts as answers/helpful if it answers your question.

Monday, April 24, 2017 7:51 AM
  • Issue turned out to be a sync issue at the Microsoft end in their tenant. All set now. 
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 8:33 PM
  • Hi rondefino,

Thanks for your sharing, please try to mark your reply as an answer, it will help others who has the similar issue

Regards,

Alice Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, May 3, 2017 9:47 AM
  • As someone else mentioned, it was a MS sync issue - took ages to start working.
    Tuesday, October 15, 2019 5:42 AM