wlidcli - relating to ATI Graphics Driver RRS feed

• Question

• When I boot up my Laptop, the message is..."This application failed to start because wlidcli was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem."

Another message then appears....."Address a problem with ATI Graophics Driver..Click to see ow to troubleshoot a problem with ATI Graphics Driver.  ATI Graphics has stopped working properly."

"ATI Technologies who have released a newer version of ATI Graphics that include imorivements that might solve the problem you experienced"I went into ATI Technologies and chose a Driver X1250. I downloaded this driver and all was going well with the download until it stopped in thre middle of the download.  I don't know the reason for this.  I left it a while to see if the download would continue but it didn't so I cancelled the download, and I am back to square one and still getting the same message each time I boot up,

The rest of my work on the computer is fine - it is just so annoying to see the message when I boot up, and I would like to know what I can do next please.

Sorry for what must look like a lot of jumbled things but I'm just telling it as it is!!

Many thanks.

• Moved by Ken Warren Wednesday, August 3, 2011 7:02 PM off topic for Windows Home Server forums (From:Windows Home Server Software)
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

There are two messages upon booting up.

I think they are not related. For the error message of wlidcli, we will need to uninstall windows live essentials and re-install it from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features. You can try "Repir" on the upper tool bar first when highlighting Windows live essentials.

With regarding to ATI Graphics Driver, please go to device manager, hightlight your display card driver and check if it is working properly. You can try uninstall\reinstall the driver to check the result.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Elm Grove Tuesday, August 9, 2011 12:31 PM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:16 AM

All replies

• Sorry but this is the wrong forum for your enquiry - this forum is for Windows Home Server. Having said that, I would try downloading the updated driver again.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Wednesday, August 3, 2011 4:16 PM
  • Hi,

There are two messages upon booting up.

I think they are not related. For the error message of wlidcli, we will need to uninstall windows live essentials and re-install it from Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features. You can try "Repir" on the upper tool bar first when highlighting Windows live essentials.

With regarding to ATI Graphics Driver, please go to device manager, hightlight your display card driver and check if it is working properly. You can try uninstall\reinstall the driver to check the result.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Elm Grove Tuesday, August 9, 2011 12:31 PM
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 7:16 AM
  • Hi Magon Liu

Thank you so much for your answer.  I downloaded   Windows Live essentials and hey presto! the message disappeared when I booted up.  I did as you said and went to Device Manager etc., and checked and it IS workinbg correctly.

I am very grateful for your assistance.

Kind regards

Jessie Bennett
    Tuesday, August 9, 2011 12:35 PM