Uninstalling Programs RRS feed

• Question

• I seem to be having some problems uninstalling programs that I had installed previously on XP. I am currently using Vista RTM Ultimate and every time that I try and uninstall a program, it doesnt appear uninstall programs menu. Any suggestions on how to get programs into the box?

Thank You for your time

Sunday, December 31, 2006 4:44 AM

All replies

• I have the same problem with RC1 build 5600. I reported it to microsoft two months ago. got no feed back about the problem. Strange that they have not sorted out this problem for the RTM version.
    Sunday, December 31, 2006 1:24 PM
  • I am running Vista RTM with no issues on uninstall, all 3rd party and addon microsoft apps show up on the list.  I admit that there are times when I go to the programs properties to do and uninstall and it takes 30 secs or so for the list to completely dislplay.  But, I have yet ran into a program that does not show up on the list if the install was ran, successfully or not.

Glenn

Sunday, December 31, 2006 4:05 PM
  • Hopefully they will fix this because I have just been installing over the files then deleting them like normal and that is the only way I can uninstall some programs and it is definately NOT the way that I want it to continue like for the rest of my time using Vista :(.
    Monday, January 1, 2007 9:27 AM
  • I bought a Creative MP3 player and installed the program on my laptop.  Everytime I start the computer a message comes up to remind me to register the software, which I have done.  The problem now is I cant get rid of the reminder.  I have tried to uninstall the program but I get a message that setup.exe is not working so I cannot uninstall the program.  I have done a system restore, too.  Any ideas?  This is a brand new laptop running the Vista basic program.  Thanks in advance.  Kathy
    Wednesday, May 9, 2007 9:34 AM