none
Please wait for the User Profile Service (Please wait for the ProfSvc) - Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a HPE ML30 Gen10 machine with RAID I configuration. In it is Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition. Inside Windows is Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Standard Edition, it has a 32 GB of RAM (ECC).

Windows suddenly began to randomly stuck at "Please wait for the User Profile Service""Please wait for the ProfSvc" screen after installing SQL Server 2017.

Once it got stuck in that screen I have no choice but to long press the power button to shut the machine down (Note: I am shutting down our server everyday because of a recent fire incident that engulfed half of our office).

Pressing the power button once is also not working. It will also stuck into "Shutting down" screen after I press the power button once.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Jonathan

Monday, October 14, 2019 5:57 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check the symptom in a clean boot (refer to windows 10 steps) environment if it is possible. 
    look if there is software cause blue screen.
    Ensure the latest update has been installed to avoid known issue.
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

Windows Server 2016 Hangs for Minutes on “Please Wait for The User Profile Service

https://ninaronline.com/2018/02/11/windows-server-2016-hangs-for-minutes-on-please-wait-for-the-user-profile-service/

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 8:17 AM
  • Thank you for the suggesting "Clean Boot" I might try it this coming days.

The problem happens randomly, below are the dates that it exactly happened:

September 06, 2019
    September 10, 2019
    October 08, 2019

There is no blue screen.

Windows is up to date, when I check Windows update in Settings it also shows that Windows is up to date (Windows hasn't installed any update yet since I installed it, my installer came from VLSC (ISO), not a DVD). 

We just bought the machine last month (September 2019).

Windows Server 2019 and SQL Server 2019 are both newly installed.

It has an Active Directory.

The problem started happening when I am installing Microsoft SQL (on one of the mandatory reboot triggered by the SQL installation).

There is no other application installed on the machine except for MS SQL Server 2017 nor installed any update since Windows was first installed.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019 9:26 AM
  • Hi,

Haven't received your message a few days, was your issue resolved?

Regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 8, 2019 9:54 AM
  • Hi Carl,

As of the moment the problem hasn't happen since October 08, 2019.

I actually haven't tried "Clean Boot" since I cannot do it easily in a production server.

The second link that you gave me points to an error that only lasted for two minutes.

In my case when the error happens it got stuck there forever unless I shut down the computer forcibly by pressing and holding the power button to turn-off the machine.

I will wait and see if the error happens again and then I will try clean boot and I will also follow the instructions mentioned in the second link that you gave me.

Regards,

Jonathan

Saturday, November 9, 2019 3:11 AM
  • I have the same problem likes you. If you have any solution, please share me.

Thanks

Nanda Win Thein

• Edited by Nanda2704 Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:43 AM
    Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:42 AM
  • Nanda,

I'll keep that in mind. I will post it here when I have a working solution.

Jonathan

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 6:45 AM
  • I have the same problem too. If you have any solution, please share me.

the only solution is to turn off the power

a solution is urgent

Thanks

Daniele De Biasi

Monday, November 25, 2019 3:32 PM
  • Hi Daniele,

I will post a working solution for this one once I got one.

Regards,

Jonathan

Tuesday, November 26, 2019 1:49 AM