none
ADFS: Manual Office365 federation RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi guys,

Looking after an environment that has ADFS 2.0 environment that consists of a single server in the DMZ. ADFS is used to authenticate CRM (Navision) externally with a 3rd party. This was implemented by a 3rd party without documentation before I started.

ADFS is hosted on adfs.domain.com, with the CRM system public facing on auth.domain.com.  If you go to auth.domain.com you get redirected to a forms logon page on the adfs.domain.com server.

I'm looking at using Office365 and would like SSO functionality. All the guides I can find online seem to use a brand new ADFS server, and also use an ADFS proxy server too. We are not in this situation, so I'm wondering if anyone has any pointers or can reference to a guide online and what points should be ignored as we do not have a proxy? Are there any step-by-step points anyone can suggest? Do I just need to run the PowerShell cmdlets on the ADFS server like so:

MsolServiceCredential $cred
    Set-MsolADFSContext –Computer adfs.domain.com
    Convert-MsolDomainToFederated –DomainName domain.com
    Get-MsolFederationProperty –DomainName domain.com

Is this all that is needed? Do I not need to specify any endpoints or anything on ADFS itself?

Thanks - Steve

Monday, October 6, 2014 8:19 AM

All replies