none
Add two or more managers to a DL RRS feed

• Question

• we have exchange 2007, a user wants two managers on a distribution list group. I don't see an option to add multiple users in the Managed by field on the DL properties. I also created a security group added the users but cannot find a way to added the security group to the managed by field on the dl properties.
    Friday, March 17, 2017 3:43 PM

All replies

• Upgrade to Exchange 2013.  ManagedBy is a single-value attribute in Exchange 2007.

You can specify a mail-enabled security group for this property, but you can only have one recipient in the property.

Set-DistributionGroup -Identity "Group Name" -ManagedBy "Managed By Group Name"

Exchange 2007 reached end of life on April 11th. What’s your plan to move?

aka.ms/vbl1ys

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Saturday, March 18, 2017 2:31 AM
  • Hi Chicojr,

Add-ADPermission -Identity "All Staff” -User "John Anthony" -AccessRights WriteProperty -Properties "Member"

Refer article for more informaTION

http://www.msexchange.org/kbase/ExchangeServerTips/ExchangeServer2007/ManagementAdministration/AddManagedBypermissionstoaDistributionListtomorethan1user.html

I am not 100% sure about this command but you can try, also plan to migrate to exchange onpremise or Exchange Online.

With Regards

MIkhan

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 5:01 AM
  • Hi,

Use this command.

Set-DistributionGroup -Identity '<DL_name>' -ManagedBy  'user1', 'user2','user3'

• Proposed as answer by Hardik_Patel_ Monday, January 29, 2018 7:27 PM
    Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6:51 AM
  • Those suggestions won't work, M I Khan.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6:53 AM