Can I delete the date/time default in Word 2016 comments? RRS feed

• Question

• I need to delete any information from the comment box on WHEN I typed it. Is that possible at all? The only thing I can find is how to change my name for the comment box (which I don't want). 

Thanks in advance!

Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Stefanie,

I tested this problem in my environment, I cannot remove date/time from comment in Word for MAC.

But as shown in the following figure you can change the name for the comment:

If you think this is a workaround for your problem, you can try this method:

Please go to Word-Preferences

Then under User Information you can modify the name and check the option "Always use this name regardless of how I'm signed in to Office"

I also tested if I uncheck this option I can back to use the name which I'm singed in to Word at the same Word file.

But I didn't test if you checked this option and send it to other users' MAC environments, if they can use their own signed name. We only have one MAC book to test (-︿-).

If you don't think this is a good way to help you, I have no idea any more.

Sorry -.- ...

Regards,

Emi Zhang
    TechNet Community Support

Please mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful.

If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, February 19, 2016 3:07 AM

All replies

• Hi Stefanie,

Based on your description, I tested your problem in Office for Windows. I can delete date/time default in Word 2016 comments by these steps:

Go to File tab- Info- click on Inspect Document and run the Inspector- click the Remove All button alongside "Document Properties and Personal Information"

Now you can get the result as shown in the following figure:

For MAC we need to create the environment to help you test the result. You can try to test this method by yourself and check the result. I will also test it in MAC environment. Any updates please let me know, I'm glad to help you.

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:17 AM
  • Dear Emi,

Thanks for your reply!

However, there is no "Inspect Document" in the Mac-Version (actually, THAT is is reason for my problem). So I take it that it's currently not possible to change it on a Mac? Or did you find a solution for Mac already?

Your reply is very much appreciated. 

Best regards

Stefanie

Thursday, February 18, 2016 11:10 AM
  • Hi Stefanie,

I tested this problem in my environment, I cannot remove date/time from comment in Word for MAC.

But as shown in the following figure you can change the name for the comment:

If you think this is a workaround for your problem, you can try this method:

Please go to Word-Preferences

Then under User Information you can modify the name and check the option "Always use this name regardless of how I'm signed in to Office"

I also tested if I uncheck this option I can back to use the name which I'm singed in to Word at the same Word file.

But I didn't test if you checked this option and send it to other users' MAC environments, if they can use their own signed name. We only have one MAC book to test (-︿-).

If you don't think this is a good way to help you, I have no idea any more.

Sorry -.- ...

Regards,

Emi Zhang

Friday, February 19, 2016 3:07 AM