Fix for Flash Player RRS feed

• Question

• I Have Windows 8.1 with ie 11. My version of windows came with Flash Player embedded. Unfortunately, the version of Flash Player that came with the machine has debugging. I have been unable to disable the debugging, or even to remove the Flash Player (with the eye of installing a debug free version). I continually get a error popup window "An Action Script Error has Occurred." I am looking for a fix to stop that annoying box from popping up. Not sure if the problem is with ie 11 or Windows 8.1, but its certainly with the debug version of Flash Player. Help please if there is a solution to this specific problem.
    Monday, January 25, 2016 12:25 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Start>Control Panel>Adobe Flash (32bit)>Check for updates. (or see Adobe.com for installation/removal instructions)

However, it sounds like you are confused with Java JRT... (see Start>Control Panel>Java JRT or Java.com)....

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

If possible please include links to any websites that you are having problems with your questions.... (in case you don't know what you are talking about a support engineer can visit the sites to make further tests.

Rob^_^

Monday, January 25, 2016 5:16 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Start>Control Panel>Adobe Flash (32bit)>Check for updates. (or see Adobe.com for installation/removal instructions)

However, it sounds like you are confused with Java JRT... (see Start>Control Panel>Java JRT or Java.com)....

Regards.

Questions regarding Internet Explorer 8, 9 and 10 and Internet Explorer 11 for the IT Pro Audience. Topics covered are: Installation, Deployment, Configuration, Security, Group Policy, Management questions. If you are a consumer looking for answers or to raise a question, it's highly recommended you head on over to http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

If possible please include links to any websites that you are having problems with your questions.... (in case you don't know what you are talking about a support engineer can visit the sites to make further tests.

Rob^_^

Monday, January 25, 2016 5:16 AM
  • Hi,
    Would you mind letting me know the result of the suggestions? If you need further assistance, feel free to let me know. I will be more than happy to be of assistance.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 28, 2016 1:21 AM
  • I have been trying to resolve a problem with Internet Explorer stopped working issue for the past 7 months.  I have done clean resets 10 times now, and the last time, I had everything disconnected, and as soon as I installed the OS, I deleted all apps including Norton with the Norton Removal Tool.  Nothing has helped.  I did a check of the error in event properties, and discovered the problem seems to be with flash player.  The particular module causing the problem is Flash.ocx, version: 23.0.0.185. This version is the most up to date version and I have KB2919355 installed.  Suggestions please as to what to do to eliminate this frustrating popup and internet explorer 11 stoppage.  System is Windows 8.1 and all updates are installed.

Monday, October 24, 2016 9:40 PM
  • And lo and behold, Another Internet Explorer, but this time its not flash player.  Its a module named atidxx32.dll.  I wonder what the heck is wrong with this software.
    Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:56 AM