none
auto logoff users

Question

• Guys,

Is it possible to create a policy that is able to logg users off from the network when they locked their computer?

Friday, April 24, 2015 6:45 AM

Answers

• Hi enlil,

You can enable windows lock using this Group Policy:

Group Policy Management / Group Policy Editor: Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options> Microsoft Network Server: Amount of idle time required before suspending session.

To logout session using GPO you must create a Scheduled task on every computer using Group Policy: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725745.aspx

Scheduled task should be the following:

Trigger: While computer idle

Action: Start a program - C:\Windows\System32\logoff.exe

Condition: Define the condition you need in order to trigger the log off.

You can play around with the conditions to trigger the log off as you wish.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as helpful if they help, or as answers if they answer your question. Please also unmark the answers if they provide no help.

Zach Roberts
    Independent Microsoft Community Support Advisor
    Disclaimer: I don't work for Microsoft. Any advice given is my own and does not represent Microsoft.

Follow me on Twitter: @WindowsZach

Friday, April 24, 2015 10:12 AM

All replies

• Hi enlil,

You can enable windows lock using this Group Policy:

Group Policy Management / Group Policy Editor: Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options> Microsoft Network Server: Amount of idle time required before suspending session.

To logout session using GPO you must create a Scheduled task on every computer using Group Policy: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc725745.aspx

Scheduled task should be the following:

Trigger: While computer idle

Action: Start a program - C:\Windows\System32\logoff.exe

Condition: Define the condition you need in order to trigger the log off.

You can play around with the conditions to trigger the log off as you wish.

Best regards,

Please remember to mark the replies as helpful if they help, or as answers if they answer your question. Please also unmark the answers if they provide no help.

Zach Roberts
    Independent Microsoft Community Support Advisor
    Disclaimer: I don't work for Microsoft. Any advice given is my own and does not represent Microsoft.

Follow me on Twitter: @WindowsZach

Friday, April 24, 2015 10:12 AM
  • thanks, will have a look at it. I did try with Start a program - C:\Windows\System32\logoff.exeqalready, but that didnt work.
    Friday, April 24, 2015 11:49 AM
  • Why not just disable the lock feature using group policy?

User Configuration\System\Ctrl+Alt+Del Options\Remove Lock Computer

Friday, April 24, 2015 12:21 PM
  • Hi,

How is it going? Based on the description, we can try the solution provided by Zach to do this. If you need further help regarding the question, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Best regards,
    Frank Shen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, April 27, 2015 7:57 AM