none
Can't send or recieve emails

Question

• Hi Guys,

I have Exchange 2016 installed and configured correctly , however emails are not going out or coming through, the exchange analyser shows the below that the test is succecefully passed.

any suggestions why ?

thank you

Testing inbound SMTP mail flow for domain 'hassan@attcomputer.com'.
      Inbound SMTP mail flow was verified successfully.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 10882 ms.

Test Steps

Attempting to retrieve DNS MX records for domain 'attcomputer.com'.
      One or more MX records were successfully retrieved from DNS.

Additional Details

MX Records Host mail.attcomputer.com, Preference 10
    Elapsed Time: 76 ms.
    Testing Mail Exchanger mail.attcomputer.com.
      This Mail Exchanger was tested successfully.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 10806 ms.

Test Steps

Attempting to resolve the host name mail.attcomputer.com in DNS.
      The host name resolved successfully.

Additional Details

IP addresses returned: 84.31.53.126
    Elapsed Time: 4853 ms.
    Testing TCP port 25 on host mail.attcomputer.com to ensure it's listening and open.
      The port was opened successfully.

Additional Details

Banner received: 220 DC02.attcomputer.com Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service ready at Sun, 19 Jun 2016 03:13:59 +0200
    Elapsed Time: 208 ms.
    Analyzing SMTP Capabilities for server mail.attcomputer.com:25
      SMTP Capabilities were analyzed successfuly.

Additional Details

SMTP Capabilities were analyzed successfuly.
    250-DC02.attcomputer.com Hello [40.85.91.8]
    250-SIZE 37748736
    250-PIPELINING
    250-DSN
    250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
    250-STARTTLS
    250-X-ANONYMOUSTLS
    250-AUTH NTLM
    250-X-EXPS GSSAPI NTLM
    250-8BITMIME
    250-BINARYMIME
    250-CHUNKING
    250 XRDST
    Elapsed Time: 135 ms.
    Attempting to send a test email message to admin@attcomputer.com using MX mail.attcomputer.com.
      The test email message was delivered successfully.

Additional Details

Elapsed Time: 537 ms.
    Testing the MX mail.attcomputer.com for open relay by trying to relay to user Admin@TestExchangeConnectivity.com.
      The Open Relay test passed. This MX isn't an open relay.

Additional Details

The open relay test message delivery failed, which is a good thing.
    The exception detail:
    Exception details:
    Message: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.54 SMTP; Unable to relay recipient in non-accepted domain
    Type: System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException
    Stack trace:
    at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, Boolean allowUnicode, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)
    at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)
    at Microsoft.Exchange.Tools.ExRca.Tests.SmtpOpenRelayTest.PerformTestReally()
    Elapsed Time: 5071 ms.

the outgoing mail report is

Checking Block List "SORBS Block List"
      The IP address was found on block list.

Additional Details

The IP address 84.31.53.126 was found on the block list.
    Status code: 10
    Elapsed Time: 149 ms.

• Edited by Julien.AG Sunday, June 19, 2016 1:19 AM
    Sunday, June 19, 2016 1:03 AM

Answers

• Your MX record for attcomputer.com points to host attcomputer.com. When I telnet to that host over port 25, I receive a banner that does not look like a typical Exchange server.

220 web19.ixlhosting.nl ESMTP Exim 4.86 Sun, 19 Jun 2016 06:38:35 +0200

I presume that you have some kind of SMTP relay between the Internet and your Exchange 2016 server.  So, for inbound mail, make sure that host is properly configured to route mail to your Exchange 2016 server.

For outbound mail, make sure you have a send connector for AddressSpaces "*" configured properly, whether it's to use DNS routing or forward all mail to a smart host.  If you're forwarding to a smart host, make sure that it's configured to accept mail from your Exchange 2016 server.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Sunday, June 19, 2016 4:42 AM

All replies

• Your MX record for attcomputer.com points to host attcomputer.com. When I telnet to that host over port 25, I receive a banner that does not look like a typical Exchange server.

220 web19.ixlhosting.nl ESMTP Exim 4.86 Sun, 19 Jun 2016 06:38:35 +0200

I presume that you have some kind of SMTP relay between the Internet and your Exchange 2016 server.  So, for inbound mail, make sure that host is properly configured to route mail to your Exchange 2016 server.

For outbound mail, make sure you have a send connector for AddressSpaces "*" configured properly, whether it's to use DNS routing or forward all mail to a smart host.  If you're forwarding to a smart host, make sure that it's configured to accept mail from your Exchange 2016 server.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Sunday, June 19, 2016 4:42 AM
  • thank you for yur answer.

the dns is configured propyl I am using smart host to send emails ixlhosting is domain registra ,

from the domain registra side I created a mxrecord and a record of mail.attcomputer.com and pointed to the exchange server ip.

the local active directory dns records are pointed correctly .

when you try to connect over port 25, does it shows 220 web19.ixlhosting.nl ESMTP Exim 4.86 Sun, 19 Jun 2016 06:38:35 +0200 ?

Sunday, June 19, 2016 12:21 PM
  • I posted what I showed when I connected.

Monday, June 20, 2016 6:36 PM
  • Hi,

According to the error,"The IP address 84.31.53.126 was found on the block list",for outbound issues you need to remove your ip from the block lists.

Please access the link to remove from sorbs http://www.au.sorbs.net/

About incoming issue,you can check your receive connector configuration.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa996395(v=exchg.160).aspx#DefaultConnectors

Regards,

David 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

David Wang_
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:23 AM
  • That could certainly cause problems sending mail but shouldn't impact receiving it.

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:26 PM
  • Hello Julien ,

In addition to all comments , i would suggest you to track the mails which is coming from internet to your exchange servers .

However Publishing the exchange servers directly to internet to receive the mails from the external domains is not advisable , ,make sure you have proper smarthost in place between the exchange server and internet .In case if it already there then i would suggest you to check and track the incoming mails from the internet on that particular device first .Also i would recommend you to check the SMTP logs which records the incoming SMTP connection from the external world to find out the cause for this mail flow issue.

Thanks & Regards S.Nithyanandham

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 10:13 PM