I cannot find the Content Query Web Part RRS feed

• Question

• I am attempting to add a Custom Query Web Part to my default page.  Are there only certain pages/ types of pages that allow this type of webpart?  Do I need to push it to my site through the SharePoint Admin?  Why am I missing only this Webpart?

I have heard that you need MOSS 2007 to have access to the Custom Query Web Part, which I do already have installed, so that is not the issue.  Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
    Jeremy Sullivan

Jeremy Sullivan
    Monday, August 18, 2008 5:24 PM

Answers

• Do you have publishing features enabled on the the site?  At Site Settings > Site Features > Site Collection Features, you will want to have Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure set to active. Then, on the site, go to Site Settings > Site Features, and activate the Office SharePoint Server Publishign feature.  You should then be able to add the content query web part to the site.

Monday, August 18, 2008 7:11 PM

All replies

•  Did you initially have only WSS 3.0 and not MOSS installed? Is it Standard or Enterprise edition?  
    I would probably go to Central Administration, and in the Upgrade and Migration section, choose Enable Enterprise Features.  I would also go to Operations > Enable Features on existing sites, and check the box "Enable all sites in this installation to use the following set of features: Office SharePoint Server Enterprise Features".

This may or may not be the answer in your case...so do let us know a little more information about what you are working with here.
    Monday, August 18, 2008 6:25 PM
  • Hello and thank you for your quick reply, David.  We have MOSS 2007 Enterprise.  I did both of the step that you suggested.  The first one was already selected for me, and the OK button was grayed out.  Then, I did the second step, restarted IIS, then closed my browsers and relogged back into the portal.  The Custom Query Web Part is still not showing on any of the sites.

I had WSS 3.0 installed first, of course.  We didn't create any sites, though, that I know of before I installed MOSS 2007 Enterprise.  I hope this give you more information.
    Monday, August 18, 2008 7:00 PM
  • I am little bit confused....is it content query web part (Thread heading) or Custom Query web part (description)?
    Did you check this page http://yoursharepointsite/_layouts/newdwp.aspx page...it has list of all available web parts. if it's there just populate gallery with the web part.
    If you have it on some other site, just export it & then import this web part to your site.
    Thanks, Arpit
    Monday, August 18, 2008 7:05 PM
  • Try going to the site collections web part gallery, click new and see if you can find the web part in the list.   If you see it,  put a check mark next to it and click OK.    This should cause the web part to show up in the gallery and in the add new webpart dialog.
    Monday, August 18, 2008 7:06 PM
  • Do you have publishing features enabled on the the site?  At Site Settings > Site Features > Site Collection Features, you will want to have Office SharePoint Server Publishing Infrastructure set to active. Then, on the site, go to Site Settings > Site Features, and activate the Office SharePoint Server Publishign feature.  You should then be able to add the content query web part to the site.

Monday, August 18, 2008 7:11 PM
  • I'm sorry for the confusion on the name.  I was trying to get the Content Query Web Part that comes with MOSS 2007 Enterprise.

David, your last post resolved the issue for me.  Thank you so much for you time and expertise.

Jeremy Sullivan
    Monday, August 18, 2008 7:21 PM
  • Excellent Thanks for the solution 
    Wednesday, July 23, 2014 10:41 AM