Vista black screen mouse RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

So after I turn on my computer it goes black after the welcome screen,

I tried the CTRL +ALT + DEL - Task Manager and on Process Tab find EXPLORER.exe and END PROCESS on it - then
    on Applications Tab - lower right - New Task - type in EXPLORER.exe. and this worked

but now what do I do?

Thank you!

Wednesday, June 22, 2011 7:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Will you encounter this issue every time upon startup?

If so, please prepare clean boot and troubleshoot which startup item conflicted with Windows.

To place the computer in a clean boot state, follow the steps below:

1.     Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2.     On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

3.     Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

4.     Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

5.     Click OK.

6.     When you are prompted, click Restart.

7.     After the computer starts, start the installation and check whether the problem is resolved.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, June 27, 2011 10:32 AM

All replies

• since it works and presents you with explorer when you do it this way, just run system restore and restore the system to an earlier time.
    Tunde Abagun MCP,MCSA,MCTS,MCITP en p "for the love of Computers"
    Wednesday, June 22, 2011 2:32 PM
  • Hi,

Will you encounter this issue every time upon startup?

If so, please prepare clean boot and troubleshoot which startup item conflicted with Windows.

To place the computer in a clean boot state, follow the steps below:

1.     Click Start, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.

2.     On the General tab, click Selective Startup.

3.     Under Selective Startup, click to clear the Load Startup Items check box.

4.     Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.

5.     Click OK.

6.     When you are prompted, click Restart.

7.     After the computer starts, start the installation and check whether the problem is resolved.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Monday, June 27, 2011 10:32 AM