Custom fields do not work in document information panel RRS feed

• Question

• I've created several custom fields for a sharepoint application where building. Most of them are based on the standard textfield. None of them show up in the document information panel except if we create a custom infopath form to view the settings.

I forgot I got the following error when opening the document information panel in word:

Het formulier kan niet worden geopend. Neem contact op met de ontwerper van het formulier.
    Formuliersjabloon: http://nonexistant/proppanel.xsn
    De volgende weergave kan door Documentinformatiepaneel niet worden geopend: Eigenschappen voor Introductieformulier - Server
    Het volgende weergavebestand is ongeldig: view2.xsl
    Het XSL-bestand bevat geen geldige XSL.
    NodeTest expected here.

@<--

This error message is in dutch but it basicly says that the proppanel.xs is invalid because of an invalid view2.xsl NodeTest expected here.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011 2:31 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi CrazyBernie,

Thanks for your post.

Please check  the <Field Name="AllowBaseTypeRendering">TRUE</Field> property, so would you mind checking the FLDTYPES file on your development server again.

Here is a similar issue:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/ar-SA/sharepointdevelopment/thread/b3368f3b-bc1a-48d2-9877-87199173191c

Friday, September 2, 2011 8:10 AM
  • Hi, 

Thnx for the reply. 

I've now got the fields visible in Word. But now I also need to fill them with specific values , which should be retrieved from the sharepoint server. I cannot get them to display, when debugging I also see that  none of my breakpoints are hit. Not even the constructors are hit. 

Is there anyway to get the following scenarios working:

Fill a custom textfield with a value when it's opened for the first time in word. (from the new document button in the ribbon) and then use the value as a quickpart in word. 

• Proposed as answer by parkie53 Wednesday, March 28, 2012 4:15 AM
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 5:25 PM