none
USMT Question: How to Backup entire C drive RRS feed

• Question

• All:

I am trying to include the entire contents of the C drive minus the program files, and windows folder in my capture data task sequence..
    It seems to be including just the "typical" file extensions, txt, doc, xls, etc... Could someone assist me on this one?

Here's the code I have below in my "miguserspecial.xml" file

<!-- This component migrates user files with known extension--> 
        <component type="Documents" context="System">  
            <displayName _locID="miguser.userdata">User Data</displayName> 
            <role role="Data">  
                <rules> 
                    <include> 
                        <objectSet> 
                <!-- <script>MigXmlHelper.GenerateDrivePatterns ("* [*.*]", "Fixed")</script>--> 
                 <pattern type="File"> C:\* [*] </pattern> 

</objectSet> 
                    </include> 
                    <exclude> 
                        <objectSet> 
                            <pattern type="File">%PROFILESFOLDER%\* [*]</pattern> 
                            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_WINDOWS%\* [*]</pattern> 
                            <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\* [*]</pattern> 
                            <!--We are trying to remove system files from other windows installation on the same machine--> 
                            <!--This is the best guess we can come up with, in case of these folder name localized, we might not be  
                             to do whatever we have intended here--> 
                            <script>MigXmlHelper.GenerateDrivePatterns ("\Program Files\* [*]", "Fixed")</script> 
                            <script>MigXmlHelper.GenerateDrivePatterns ("\Winnt\* [*]", "Fixed")</script> 
                            <script>MigXmlHelper.GenerateDrivePatterns ("\Windows\* [*]", "Fixed")</script> 
                        </objectSet> 
                    </exclude> 
                </rules> 
            </role> 
        </component> 

<component type="Documents" context="System">  
       <displayName>Searches for Additional File Types</displayName> 
          <role role="Data">  
             <rules> 
             <!-- .CPS, .PCF --> 
             <include> 
                <objectSet> 
                   <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\* [*.pcf]</pattern> 
                   <pattern type="File">%CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES%\* [*.cps]</pattern> 
                   <script>MigXmlHelper.GenerateDrivePatterns ("* [*.*]", "Fixed")</script> 
            <pattern type="File"> C:\* [*] </pattern> 
                </objectSet> 
             </include> 
        <exclude> 
            <objectSet> 
              <pattern type="File"> C:\Windows\* [*]</pattern> 
            </objectSet> 
            </exclude> 

</rules> 
          </role> 
    </component>   

• Moved by John.VMicrosoft employee Sunday, May 9, 2010 12:18 AM USMT Specific (From:Configuration Manager Operating System Deployment)
    Monday, March 16, 2009 11:47 AM

All replies

• This may be the oldest question posted in the Windows 7 forums without any response.

Did you ever get a solution to your question?

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”

Tuesday, March 14, 2017 7:25 PM