power probz RRS feed

• Question

• What should I do when I turn my laptop computer to sleep mode, but it doesn't really sleep. It stays awake with only the screen black, (I can also tell because if my computer's power button will turn red if it is sleep mode, but it stayed blue(which means it is still functioning). I have tried unplugging all the USB's and its still doesn't sleep. But the weird thing is this function works if i unplug the power cord.

Any suggestions will be useful.
    Monday, November 10, 2008 11:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Before moving on, I suggest you check your Power Options in Control Panel.

Windows Help and How-to: Power Options

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/Help/bdadf7af-56ef-49c4-af4c-7c6c4d7da36a1033.mspx

If all settings are fine, I suggest you contact computer manufacturer to check if manufacturer customizes operating system for their specific models of computers including power management related settings.

If not, the issue may be caused by following the factors:

1. Software conflict.

2. Unstable power supply.

Given the situation, please restart the computer, and reproduce this issue. Then, collect Powercfg result.

Collect Powercfg result

=========================

1. Click Start. In the Start Search dialog box, type: cmd, and right-click cmd.

2. Click Run as administrator.

3. Please run the following commands one by one.

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

powercfg -lastwake

4. Right click on CMD window, choose “Select All”, and press Ctrl+C on keyboard.

5. Paste the result on the forum.

One I get the result, I will do further research on it.

Thank you for your cooperation.

For more information about Powercfg

Powercfg Command-Line Options

http://technet2.microsoft.com/WindowsVista/en/library/1d58b934-f56a-4796-b2df-7be2eb9c03bc1033.mspx?mfr=true

hope it helps.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:41 AM
  • Now I cant do anything with my computer because suddenly i was changed to a guest instead of a standard user.
    but i will post the result as soon as i get it fixed.

Thanks for your help.
    Saturday, November 15, 2008 2:10 PM