Check Throttling Policy of 2010 CAS RRS feed

• Question

• I am rolling out a new Throttling Policy for some 2010 CAS servers, but would like a command to know which Policy a given server is running.

So, ideally does anyone know a Powershell that will.

1. If I give a Throttling Policy (incl the Default one), it will tell me which CAS servers are using it

2. If I give a named CAS server, it will tell me what Throttling Policy is it using

3. If I give a group of CAS servers, it will tell me what Throttling Policy they are using along with their name
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:11 PM

Answers

• As far as I know, throttling policies are defined for the entire organization and can be applied selectively to users.  I don't know that they are applied to CAS servers.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    • Proposed as answer by Sophia Xu Monday, December 19, 2011 6:58 AM
    • Marked as answer by Sophia Xu Monday, December 26, 2011 8:09 AM
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:18 PM
  • The answer would be all CAS servers which the user is using, and to find that out you can search the IIS logs.
    Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Monday, December 19, 2011 4:47 AM

All replies

• As far as I know, throttling policies are defined for the entire organization and can be applied selectively to users.  I don't know that they are applied to CAS servers.
    Saturday, December 17, 2011 9:18 PM
  • Hi Ed,

Thanks...so I guess my question is, if I had a Throttling Policy for a user named APPSVC1, how can I find which CAS servers were running this? I ask since I guess that you apply it to the org but there can be delays in replication etc?

Also, if I wanted to find out which Throttling Policy/Policies there were for APPSVC1, is this possible?

Finally, can there be more than one Throttling Policy for a given user account? Obviously, only one can be applied at one time, but can there be ones that aren't applied and are just 'ready' to run?

Sunday, December 18, 2011 9:16 PM
  • The answer would be all CAS servers which the user is using, and to find that out you can search the IIS logs.
    Monday, December 19, 2011 4:47 AM