none
Media export with multiple split WIMs RRS feed

• Question

• Am using the latest version of MDT. I have an issue where if I enable the option to split WIMs then performing a media export where the selection includes multiple TS and multiple WIMs the export gets near to the end and then fails with the following:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vmke6avxxo2424a/MDT-ExportFail.jpg?dl=0

The Output file it creates is here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5xfq1b6vzu2i0xw/MDT-ExportFail.log?dl=0

If I disable the option to split the WIMs then the export completes without any errors. Also if I create a media selection for for just each individual TS and WIM and have the option to split enabled then the media creation for both TS and WIMs individually completes without any errors, so proves that there's nothing wrong with the individual TS/WIM. One thing I have noticed is that when it errors out it leave the temporary spit SWM files in one of the Operating Systems folder and sometimes it's even left the split SWM file and removed the original WIM file!

Anybody have any ideas as what the issue might be and more importantly how I resolve or work around the issue? Reason for splitting is I'm using a FAT32 USB to boot from and run the MDT TS.

Regards

Wednesday, November 14, 2018 12:59 PM

All replies

• Hello, Can you please sign out form account before initiating for updating Media Content. As Split Image fails when Deployment Share is opened somewhere...!! 
    Tuesday, November 20, 2018 11:49 AM
  • Hello, Can you please sign out form account before initiating for updating Media Content. As Split Image fails when Deployment Share is opened somewhere...!! 

I don't think that is the issue as I've tried this on 2 separate test systems on which I am the only user logged on. As I said above doing a media export of each individual Task Sequence where the WIM is split works without any issues. It's only when I perform an export which has 2 separate WIMs and Task Sequences that I see the issue. I don't think it's even the 2 Task Sequences that is the issue as I've exported before with multiple versions of Task Sequences, I think it's the fact that I have got multiple WIMs.

Regards

Tuesday, November 20, 2018 1:06 PM