How to deploy MS Software Updates automatically (WSUS) via SCCM RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

we want to use WSUS combined with SCCM to distribute MS Updates to our client computers.
    What I did so far: I created the Deployment Package under Software Packages (filtered the needed Updates via Search Folder). I distributed the MS Updates to the selected test client computers. So far it worked fine. Updates were installed.
    Questions:
    1.) Is there an option where it is possible to see to how many client computers the MS Updates have been distributed? Now I am only able to see that the Software Updates were distributed to one distribution point.

2.) Is there a way to see what OS are installed on the client computers? Since we want to distribute different MS Updates to different OS (i.e. X64/x86) this would be of great help.

Thank you very much for hints, tips, help... :)!

Thursday, February 19, 2009 9:31 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You use Update Lists to distribute the updates. You can monitor each update from an Update list in the reports. I usually run these two reports (category, report name).

1) Software Updates - C. Deployment States, States 1 - Enforcement states for a deployment. This report will show the exact status of the updates, how many has downloaded, installed, reboot pending etc.

2) Software Updates - A. Compliance, Compliance 1 - Overall Compliance. This report will show which updates are installed, missing and approved for the members of a collection

I am pretty sure that these report will help you answer the question you have.
    Kent Agerlund
    • Marked as answer by Garth JonesMVP Saturday, January 23, 2016 4:39 PM
    Thursday, February 19, 2009 12:05 PM