Review Activity (RA) Approval Condition is Changing RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am running SCSM 2012 R2 version 7.5.3079.0 (no CUs).  I am having an odd issue where it seems as though the approval condition is changing on review activities.  I can't seem to figure out if I've done something or if there is something else going on.  This is causing some tickets to "stall" and not actually get processed or is delaying actual approvals.

So as an example, the person who originally designed the system put an Automatic Approval Review Activity at the beginning of every SR.  In the template, the Approval Condition was set to Automatic and there were no reviewers.  All of a sudden a reviewer with no name would show up and the approval condition would become unanimous.  I since removed that RA.

Now there is a similar issue I am finding on my Change Requests (CRs).  I have only done three as we are basically doing dry runs before we convert off our old system.  In my template, I have a review activity that has the six members of our change approval board as reviewers.  The members rarely change so I saw no reason to make this dynamic.  The template has the stage set to Approve with an Approval Condition set for Percentage.  The threshold is 66% or 4 of the 6 reviewers.  At some point, the approval condition was changed to unanimous.  If I look at the history of the RA, I can see where the activity was created and it says Approval Percentage 66.  The RA went from Pending to In Progress and then about a minute later, the approval condition and percentage changed.  The name on that time entry is just one of my service accounts.

If it helps...here is that process that the CR template follows

1. Automatic Review Activity, which has not been an issue so far.
    2. Runbook Automation Activity - Updates some fields on the CR with information based on fields.  Also modifies the reviewer in the next step to be the Business Owner of a system.
    3. Business Owner Approval Review Activity - Template is set to unanimous and has one blank reviewer that is updated by the previous runbook.
    4. Change Approval Board Review Activity - Explained above.
    5. Runbook Automation Activity - Converts the Change Request to a Release Record.

I appreciate any and all assistance that someone could provide.

Friday, April 10, 2015 3:06 PM

Answers

• This is a common issue.... try restarting the following three services: Microsoft Monitoring Agent, System Center Data Access Service, System Center Management Service and deleting your health service cache (Installation Folder/Health Service State) (it will regenerate once you restart the services)
    Thursday, April 16, 2015 4:09 PM