how to synchronize pc group membership between downstream and upstream server RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have this situation.

I have created a new computer group on the master WSUS server.

This group have been replicated on the two downstream WSUS servers.

On the two downstream WSUS servers I have manually changed the group membership of few pc.

So now I have this situation:

downstream server n.1: in the new group I have 4 pc

downstream server n.2: in the new group I have 3 pc

I expected that in the master WSUS server I had 7 pc (coming from downstream server n.1 and n.2)

I run synchronization both in master WSUS server and in the two downstream servers but I cannot see the 7 pc in the master WSUS server inside the new group.

Anybody can help me?

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 1:21 PM

All replies

• Hi Sir,

"
    Adding and removing computers from computer groups. Computer group membership is not distributed to replica servers, only the computer groups themselves. Therefore, on a replica mode server, you will inherit the computer groups that you created on the administration server. However, the computer groups will be empty. You must then assign the client computers that connect to the replica server to the computer groups.
    "

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-server-update-services/manage/running-wsus-replica-mode

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Elton_Ji Wednesday, November 29, 2017 8:58 AM
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 5:34 AM