Previously read emails show as un-read on next start up RRS feed

• Question

• What it said on the tin...

I get 10 emails, i read them, close down the program or shutdown laptop at end of day and low & behold on next start-up of program i have all the previous emails flagged up as un-read.

Highly frustrating, because I need to know i'm staying on top of things so have to re-check emails so i don't risk missing one... (I work for a charity & really don't want to risk the opportunity to help someone) I currently have 151 unread emails, dispite having read them all...

Cheers!

Monday, January 23, 2017 10:07 AM

All replies

• Hi

What email are you using and on what device? is it Exchange or Hotmail etc and what version of Outlook?

Have you checked for any rules in Outlook?

Shane

Monday, January 23, 2017 10:10 AM
  • You could try this:

File > Options > Advanced > Select "Reading Pane" under Outlook Panes > Check the box reading "Mark items as read when viewed in the Reading Pane" 

Monday, January 23, 2017 10:12 AM
  • Hello,

What type of email account are you using? IMAP, POP3 or Exchange?

Are you syncing Outlook with any other device (such as a mobile phone or another computer)? If so, we may try to temporarily disable the sync and then see if this issue continues.

In addition, we may also try to start Outlook with /cleanviews switch to see the result. This command will reset your custom folder views to the default and you will recreate your custom views after running the command. To run the command, press Windows key + R to open the Run command, type outlook /cleanviews and press Enter.

Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Steve Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Friday, February 3, 2017 8:17 AM
    Tuesday, January 24, 2017 9:32 AM