none
Disable USB Port on Windows 7 via group policy in Windows server 2003 R2

Question

• Hi!

Group policy in Windows Server 2003 RD AD to disable USB port does not apply on on windows 7 PC's. It works fine on Windows 10. Disabling the port directly on Windows 7 pc's also does not work. It enables when the system restarts. Please help.

Thursday, February 23, 2017 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Nair,

Are you disabling USB drive or USB port (as there are several USB ports on a single machine)? Give me me more information, let me help you with that.

/ Karim

Thursday, February 23, 2017 9:03 AM
  • Hi,
    Alternatively, please share us the detail error message if the GPO is not applying, you could run gpresult /h for more details. If the GPO is not applied, please follow the article as below to troubleshoot it:
    10 Common Problems Causing Group Policy To Not Apply
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/22457.10-common-problems-causing-group-policy-to-not-apply.aspx
    Best regards,
    Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, February 24, 2017 5:30 AM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved? If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Wendy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 6:12 AM