none
Custom CRM application service being called from from failing when accessing CRM through UAG portal RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom web service on the crtm service being called from a crm opertunity form.  Everything works correctly internally but when utilizing the UAG portal CRM works but the custom application does not I get a 404 error in the form window where the information should be displayed.  There is little troublshooting information and even less for CRM ported using UAG. 

Could anyone offer some ideas?

Derek

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 5:03 PM

Answers

• Hi,

You may want to use the "Other Web Application (application specific hostname)" to publish the CRM server. This template is less intrusive and might not break your Web service. The UAG CRM template has protection rules and logic that might block the service since we assume that this is not an authorized traffic pattern.

Thanks,

Meir :->

Meir Mendelovich, Sr. Program Manager, Microsoft Forefront - IAG/UAG Product Group
    Team Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/edgeaccessblog/
    Anything you can do, I can do anywhere!
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Tuesday, June 29, 2010 8:43 PM
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 6:44 PM
  • I'm guessing this has more to do with the custom application than with UAG itself.   We had a similar problems with custom applications exposed via UAG.

Using a HTTP sniffer - Fiddler -  to determine the URLs failing with a 404.  We were surprised to discover that the custom application had URL references embedded in JavaScript that was  trying to talk back to the web server using the web server's hostname instead of the UAG public domain name. 

We fixed the problem using UAG's AppWrap feature.  This article we found to be very helpful.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You may want to use the "Other Web Application (application specific hostname)" to publish the CRM server. This template is less intrusive and might not break your Web service. The UAG CRM template has protection rules and logic that might block the service since we assume that this is not an authorized traffic pattern.

Thanks,

Meir :->

Meir Mendelovich, Sr. Program Manager, Microsoft Forefront - IAG/UAG Product Group
    Team Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/edgeaccessblog/
    Anything you can do, I can do anywhere!
    Wednesday, June 23, 2010 6:44 PM
  • I'm guessing this has more to do with the custom application than with UAG itself.   We had a similar problems with custom applications exposed via UAG.

Using a HTTP sniffer - Fiddler -  to determine the URLs failing with a 404.  We were surprised to discover that the custom application had URL references embedded in JavaScript that was  trying to talk back to the web server using the web server's hostname instead of the UAG public domain name. 

We fixed the problem using UAG's AppWrap feature.  This article we found to be very helpful.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:47 PM