help with many issues involving windows update and security center RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, Ive been looking all over this forum to try and find something to help me but nothing has worked. Heres my 1st problem my windows update application doesnt work. When i click check for updates it says the service is not running to restart the computer. but when i do that nothing works, when i check the services manually there is nothing there. so i dont know where to go next.

problem 2, my security center does not work either. windows firewall, windows defender nothing. no services listed for any of these either. ive done multiple virus scans with MacAfee verizon internet security suite but nothing comes up. ive tried microsoft malicious software tool and nothing comes up either. can some one PLEASE help me out!? thank you to all who can help in advance. by the way i am using windows vista home premium.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:52 PM

All replies

• This sounds like a candidate for a complete system rebuild.  I would save all of your important data from the machine then rebuild it using the installation media you should have been provided.

BTW, this forum is topic based and is for discussing System Center Service Manager issueswhich could be a possible reason why you haven't received a response.

Thanks,

Mark

Thanks, Mark

• Proposed as answer by Mark A. Mears Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:53 PM
    Thursday, April 11, 2013 2:53 PM