Not Able to access Network Shared Folder from Server 2008 R2 machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

recently i had an issue where my explorer.exe was not loading upon user log on on my Server 2008 R2 server, i did some trouble shooting and fix this issue , while fixing this issue i lost the ability to access any network shared folder via UNC i.e ("\\ servername \  C$") from this server, i get following error,screen shot attached. i have open up a case with MS but haven't heard anything back yet. can some one please help ?

i can ping the location where my network shared folder is residing from this server, also i can ping this server from any other server, its just that i can not access the shared folder, i am using Kaspersky as AV and i have tried disabling it and this didn't resolve the issue , i also dis-join the server from the domain and then rejoin it , this also didn't resolve my issue.

Thanks

• Edited by Shaikh-h Sunday, November 9, 2014 11:59 PM
    Sunday, November 9, 2014 11:58 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on your description, other computers can’t access the network shared folder in the 2008 R2 server.

At first, about the error, the screen shot was not attached successful.

Maybe you can try to troubleshooting steps below,

Check the settings of permissions in Security tab about the shared folder.

Check if there are some related event logs in event viewer.

Best Regards,

Tina

Tuesday, November 11, 2014 6:49 AM
  • Hi Tina, 

thanks for the reply, 

every time i try to attach picture i get following message "Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account"

secondly little correction , i am not able to access any shared folder FROM THIS affected server, like if i am logged on to this server and try to access a file sitting on another server and try to access the file via \\servername\c$ , etc.

Thanks

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:22 PM
  • Hi,

If you couldn’t attach a picture, please post the detailed error information which it prompt.

Also, I would like to know how did you enter the path of the shared folder in this affected server. Maybe you could try to enter the path in \\ServerName\SharedFolderName format. That is to say, don’t include a drive letter in the path. Typically, the network path of shared folder is \\ServerName\SharedFolderName format.  You could check the Network Path in the Sharing tab of the Properties of the shared folder. Then use this path to access the shared folder.

Best Regards,

Tina

• Proposed as answer by Tina_Tan Monday, November 24, 2014 3:58 PM
    Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:21 AM