Existing POP account/folders >> IMAP account in Outlook 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• My client had a POP account set up in her Outlook 2007 client, with my personal folders and rules set up. She reconfigured this account to be an IMAP account successfully, but this created a new entry on the left pane with the remainder of her pre-existing folders above. My question is: is there a way to transfer these personal folders under the IMAP account and maintain her mail rules? Thanks!
    Monday, August 26, 2013 11:28 PM

Answers

• You/she can move the folders over - depending on your imap account, you may need to create the folder then drag or move the messages... or just drag the folder and the contents. You won't be able to remove the Personal folders - you need it for the Outbox and special folders (calendar, contacts etc).

You'll need to export the rules and import them as Rules are per data file/account. You will need to repoint the rules to the correct folders.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Outlook Tips
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:55 AM

All replies

• Hi, if my understanding is right, you need to move folders under your previous POP account to the current IMAP account.

We can use drag/drop to move the folders directly from the previous POP account to the current IMAP account.

Regarding the rules, we can export the rules as a backup, and import it if we need:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/outlook-help/import-or-export-a-set-of-rules-HP010096703.aspx

I would like to know the results:)

Regards.

• Edited by Jeff Hardyy Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:37 AM modify
    Thursday, August 29, 2013 1:36 AM
  • You/she can move the folders over - depending on your imap account, you may need to create the folder then drag or move the messages... or just drag the folder and the contents. You won't be able to remove the Personal folders - you need it for the Outbox and special folders (calendar, contacts etc).

You'll need to export the rules and import them as Rules are per data file/account. You will need to repoint the rules to the correct folders.

Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
    Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center
    Outlook Tips
    Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook weekly newsletter

Thursday, August 29, 2013 3:55 AM