Driver management MDT 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to get driver installation working using MDT 2013 and am having issues.

I notice that the drivers are getting injected during litetouch installation but after the image is applied the drivers are not installed. After the image is applied I also notice a c:\drivers folder and I can manually install the drivers off this folder but for some reason after injection the drivers don't get installed. I am installing Windows 7 x64 Enterprise onto an HP 800 G1.

As a test I tried using Rules to specify and I also tried using a task sequence. It seems that is somewhat of a moot point as the drivers do get put on the pc just not installed. Is there an additional setting somewhere in the MDT to tell the pc to install the drivers it downloaded. I suspect that the drivers while in c:\drives might not make it to the drivers store on the pc?

Thanks

Rick

Thursday, September 17, 2015 6:09 PM

All replies

• The way setup handles it is the unattend has a entry for where the drivers are located.  Setup looks there.  Post your BDD.log and setupapi.dev.log and the panther logs to OneDrive and share the link here.

Most important details are logs. If you are unsure how to post logs or where to find them then reference https://keithga.wordpress.com/2014/10/24/video-mdt-2013-log-files-basics-bdd-log-and-smsts-log/

Thursday, September 17, 2015 6:22 PM