none
Configuration issue with SP 2013 and SSRS 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have installed sql server 2013, SP 2013 and PS 2013 in same server. Getting error when i try to configure Reporting services Integration and path is Central admin -> General application settings --> Reporting services Integration --> 
    provided url for Report Server Web Service URL (copied url from Report manager URL in Reporting services configuration manage and verified URL working fine)

Error:
    Failed to establish connection with report server. Verify the server URL is correct or review ULS logs for more 
    information. Product area: SQL Server Reporting Services, Category: Configuration Pages

USL Logs
    Failed to retrieve RS configuration information: System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 404: 
    Not Found.     at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, 
    WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)     at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)     at Microsoft.SqlServer.ReportingServices2010.ReportingService2010.GetReportServerConfigInfo(Boolean ScaleOut)
     at Microsoft.ReportingServices.SharePoint.UI.RSIntegrationSettings.GetReportServerConfigInfo(IList`1& configInfos)              

Did i missed out any steps

Regards

Santosh

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 1:40 PM

Answers

• Thanks Paul

Reporting (Folder) was in under 14\WebServices path which is wrong

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\WebServices\Reporting (Folder)

Correct path is

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\WebServices\Reporting

To perform above action install SP2 for SQL Server 2012 (it will update but dont copy and paste reporting folder from 14 into 15)

Now issue has been resolved

Regards

Santosh

Friday, September 26, 2014 12:30 PM

All replies

• Hi Santosh,

did you provide the Report Manager (usually /reports) or Report Server URL (usually /ReportServer) in Reporting Services Integration Settings?

Regards

Christoph

Christoph Muelder | Senior Consultant, MCTS, MCSE | SOLVIN information management GmbH, Germany

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:20 PM
  • Yes Christoph, i have provided Report manager URL but not working. even i tried both (Report Manager and Report Server ) URL but no luck

Any suggestions please

Regards

Santosh

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:45 PM
  • Hi Santosh,

I think the Reporting Services integration works with SQL Server 2008/2008 R2. When the SQL Server 2012 is installed, there is an option to install Reporting Services - SharePoint bits. Details can be found here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/jj219068(v=sql.110).aspx

Once the Reporting Services components have been installed you should be able to configure the SQL Server Reporting Service Application and use the Reporting Services content types in your SharePoint libraries

Hope this helps

Paul

Wednesday, September 17, 2014 2:57 PM
  • Hi Paul

Thanks for the reply

I have installed the features as per Technet article and verified Manage services , Service Application everything is perfect

But still Problem persists

Kindly HELP..

Regards

Santosh

Friday, September 19, 2014 1:55 PM
  • Hi Santosh,

Have you also configured the SQL Server Reporting Service Application and associate with your web applications? if that's the case then you can simply go and associate the Reporting Services content type with your document libraries.

There is no need to configure anything on the Reporting Services integration in the General application settings area

Hope this helps

Paul

Friday, September 19, 2014 1:59 PM
  • Thanks Paul

Reporting (Folder) was in under 14\WebServices path which is wrong

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14\WebServices\Reporting (Folder)

Correct path is

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\15\WebServices\Reporting

To perform above action install SP2 for SQL Server 2012 (it will update but dont copy and paste reporting folder from 14 into 15)

Now issue has been resolved

Regards

Santosh

Friday, September 26, 2014 12:30 PM