none
Change run as account for AD monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

Since we monitore 2 2012 R2 DC, some errors appeared in SCOM 2012 R2.

These errors are about "Script Based Test Failed to Complete". Searching on Internet, it seems due to lack of permissions for run as account. In fact, we use Local System account.

So, I decided to use another account who have domain admins privileges that is the same as our System Center service account.

I added our System Center service account as Windows type account with a secure distribution on all our DCs.

In profils, I selected "AD MP Account" and I added our System Center service account for all targeted objects.

Now, we have an error on all of these targeted servers : "Local connection impossible for the ID account".

What would I missed ?

Thank you.

Regards,

FXE

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 4:52 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Have you checked the OM event log? Is there any useful error message?

For more information, please review the link below:

Configuring Run As Accounts and Profiles in OpsMgr – A SQL Management Pack Example

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2010/09/08/configuring-run-as-accounts-and-profiles-in-r2-a-sql-management-pack-example.aspx

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 24, 2015 7:41 AM
  • Hi Xin and thank you for your answer.

I already seen this article and I followed it to configure the run as account.

Error shown on monitored DCs is the same :

"The health service cannot verify the future validity of account credentials our_system_center_service_account for the AdminGroup01 administrative group. The error is logon failure: the user does not benefit from the type of logon called on this computer. (1385L).

Regards,

FXE

Friday, July 24, 2015 8:15 AM