Mailbox folder permission RRS feed

• Question

• This permission only applies to the Inbox folders. How to apply the same  permission to all the sub folders in a mailbox?

Set-MailboxFolderPermission -Identity "Shared Mailboxname\inbox" -User "Username" -AccessRights owner

Monday, February 18, 2019 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can try something below:-

$folder=Get-MailboxFolderStatistics test1@testlab.com | Where { $_.FolderPath.Contains("/") -eq $True }

ForEach($f in  $folder )
    {
    $perm = "test1@testlab.com:" + $f.FolderPath.Replace("/","\")
    set-MailboxFolderPermission $perm -User user1 -AccessRights Owner
    }

Note:- Use set-mailboxfolderpermission for modifying existing permissions. For adding new permissions use add-mailboxfolderpermission.

However if there is no specific reason for assigning permission folder wise then I will suggest to use full mailbox permission.

Add-MailboxPermission -Identity "Terry Adams" -User "Kevin Kelly" -AccessRights FullAccess -InheritanceType All

Ref:-https://ravingroo.com/868/connect-windows-powershell-to-office-exchange-365-and-recursively-add-outlook-mailbox-folder-permissions-for-user/

Thanks,

Ashish

MCITP, MCT, MCSE

“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.”

Note:- Please remember to vote and mark the replies as answers if they help.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees and confers no rights.

• Proposed as answer by Steve Fan Tuesday, February 19, 2019 1:57 AM
    • Marked as answer by AustinSundar Thursday, February 21, 2019 8:17 AM
    Monday, February 18, 2019 1:06 PM