none
Single Project schedule restore RRS feed

• Question

• How to restore a single project file which was accidently deleted b y user? Before that how to backp the file or group or file so that can be easily restored?

Note: I am not aksing big and high range of backup and restore document but simple as we have a group of file in a folder and when we accidently delete one of that -  we go to the backup folder - select that particular file copy it and paste it. The file is restored.

Is there any common way in Project Server 2010 or Project Server 2007 to perform such single document/project backup and recovery?

Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:58 PM

All replies

• There is a feature called "Administrative Backup' in Server Settings in Project Server 2010. It backs up the project to the archive database where you can then use the "Administrative Restore" feature in Server Settings to restore it.

Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:10 PM
  • Can you please provide me the technet article for the same
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:25 PM
  • If possible anywhere in technet article if anyone have screen shot of the same then please provide me the link

I searhced in google but didn't find it.

Thanks in Advance

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:28 PM
  • http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg663916.aspx

Brian Kennemer – DeltaBahn Senior Architect
    endlessly obsessing about Project Server…so that you don’t have to.
    Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:30 PM
  • You need to have enabled the "backup schedule" first before being able to restore.

This is available from Server Settings Page. Typically, 3 or 5 versions of the Project are more than enough to backup.

Remember, this will increase the size of your ARCHIVE_DB if you have substantial number of projects.

Nilesh Kelkar | nkelkar.wordpress.com

Thursday, February 23, 2012 6:30 PM