none
Failover clustering in combination with SAN Replication or Database Mirroring RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I have a customer who has a SQL server environment with 4 instances and 5 databases per instance. Average database size is between 1 and 250 GB. RPO and RTO is 30 minutes. They asked me what is the best High Availability Disaster Recovery solution for their enviroment. So I am thinking about a failover cluster (HA) solution in combination with SAN replication or Database Mirroring (DR). Please could somebody tell what is better Failover clustering with SAN replication or with Database Mirroring? What is the advantage/disadvantage of both solutions?

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:29 AM

Answers

• This isn’t the right forum for this question. I would suggest you look at the SQL Server IPD guide and post to the SQL Server forums; they should be able to give you better advice than I could.

SQL Server IPD - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee354216.aspx

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 5:41 PM