none
Project Server - Resource Capacity after migration to Project Server 2016 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Since Project Server 2013 (on-premise) we used Resource Capacity data connection to see report for "Allocated capacity and Resource capacity" on monthly basis. After migration to Project Server 2016 (on-premise) "Allocated capacity" are 0% except some resources with possibly allocated capacity before migration. Is this report still valid? Is there another way to get a similar report?

(Talking about reports and data connection files in ProjectBICenter)
    • Edited by TRIUMF Tuesday, July 3, 2018 8:18 PM
    Tuesday, July 3, 2018 8:07 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you waited for the report to be recalculated? The capacity is calculated once a day, generally over night.

Also you should check your capacity setting in the server settings (number of months in the past and in the future for calculating capacity).

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller

Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:26 AM
  • I have 3 months behind and 12 months ahead set in settings. Timer job for resource capacity runs successfully (will have to check ULSlog for more details). What I found is that data connection was connecting to the old SQL. Changed that and I still get the same result. SQL query directly shows AllocatedCapacity 0% even though I have tasks completed. It can't be related to analysis services/power view etc., can it?
    Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:37 AM