IE 7 on Windows XP SP2 locking up RRS feed

• Question

•  

I know this is not a Windows XP forum but I have a question about IE 7 and this was the best forum I found.

Anyway I am running IE 7 on Windows XP SP2 and seeing an issues on several laptops at my company where at times IE 7 seems to lock everything up. You will be working with no problems and then when you either open a new browser window, or sometimes when you open a new tab with in IE 7 it seems to lock everthing up. You are not able to click on anything in the Start bar if you do nothing happens even trying to right click and go to Task Manager. As soon as you close the Browser window or Tab everything is working again. There seems to be no ryhme or reason to it.

Has anyone seen this with IE 7, are there any updates for IE 7 such as SP or HotFixes? I haven't seen any.

Thanks for any help,

Bill

Thursday, March 6, 2008 3:55 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Bill,

Please understand that we mainly discuss Windows Vista issues in this forum. As your issue is related to Windows XP, we are not the best resource to troubleshoot this issue. I suggest discussing the issue in our Windows XP public newsgroup. Thank you for your understanding.

I have included our Windows XP newsgroup website below for your reference:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsxp.general

I hope your issue can be resolved soon.

Tim Quan - MSFT

Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:00 AM
  • That's where you are mistaken.  This is a wide spread problem with the latest update to Internet Explorer.  Since recent updates, I have seen this problem manifest itself on a dozen computers, computers running XP Pro, XP Home, Win 2000, and Win 98.  Fix Internet Explorer.  It's not the operating system stupid.

Saturday, November 1, 2008 10:32 PM