Permissions in SharePoint 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Can I give permission to SharePoint 2007 for someone who is not in my network? For example, I have a VP who would like to be able to access SharePoint from her iPad or other device that is not connected to the network. Can this be done?

Don Kaufman

• Moved by Serge Luca [MVP]MVP Monday, June 13, 2011 7:19 PM (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    Friday, June 10, 2011 4:31 PM

All replies

• is your portal accessible from the internet?  if so then of course you can give them access.  they will just have to log in.

HTH

de Nada
    Friday, June 10, 2011 4:42 PM
  • This is the 2010 forum, not the 2007 forum.  Is your question related to 2010 at all?

It doesn't matter what network a user is in as long as they have an account with access to SharePoint and as long as the device can access your SharePoint URL from wherever it is being used.  This is not a SharePoint question, but rather a basic networking question.  Can your VP access the internal network from her iPad?  How?  VPN?  Direct access?  Something else?  Whatever the case, the answer is the same for accessing SharePoint.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force

Sunday, June 12, 2011 7:17 AM
  • Right. I was originally looking for a forum regarding SharePoint 2007, but didn't have any luck originally. I'll look again.

She is able to get VPN access on her iPad. So that will solve the access issues.

Thanks for the help.

Monday, June 13, 2011 6:26 PM
  • FYI - I found a forum for SharePoint Server 2007, and it routed me here. So it's the same forum apparently.
    Monday, June 13, 2011 6:29 PM
  • These are the pre-2010 forums, which is where your question would belong (under one of the forums listed at this link):

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sharepoint

Thomas
    Monday, June 13, 2011 6:38 PM
  • Please close the thread then.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:21 AM
  • FYI - I found a forum for SharePoint Server 2007, and it routed me here. So it's the same forum apparently.

No, the pre-2010 forums do not route here.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 12:21 AM
  • The one I found did route here. But I will try the one posted by Thomas.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:37 PM
  • Thank you Thomas. I have located a pre-2010 forum that works for my questions. Have a good day.
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 5:47 PM
  • Just an FYI - this was moved already to the correct forums.  It is now in the Sharepoint pre-2010 forums.
    Thomas
    Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:55 PM