locked
Sharepoint 2010 infopath form can't show through UAG RRS feed

  • Question

  • I have one Sharepoint 2010 site that already publish by UAG without problem.

    I can browse it from internet url and internal url.

    Now I make an infopath form myself. It can appear from internal url.

    When I browse the form from internet url, it always "loading...." but no form there.

    Am I missing something?

    PS: UAG is SP1.


    邁格行動 技術顧問 George 小顧 部落格: http://www.magg.com.tw/blog/
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 5:53 AM

Answers

  • UAG has some issues publishing InfoPath, because it injects code into the HTML that's sent, and that breaks the XML functionality. The solution is to configre the Advanced Trunk on the UAG trunk to SKIP PARSING for the InfoPath forms. It can be tricky. Here are the steps:

    1) Figure out the name of the internal server that you are publishing

    2) Figure out the pattern of the files you want to skip (for example, /infopath/files*)

    3) Go to Advanced Trunk config on the UAG

    4) Go to the Portal Tab

    5) Click on "do not parse the responses bodies for these requests"

    6) Click on ADD SERVER, and add the server from step (1)

    7) Click on Add URL, and add the relative URL from step (2)

    8) Click OK and OK, and activate your configuration.

    You may have to play with this a bit, to fine-tune the exact path that doesn't break other things, but if you understand RegEx, you should be fine!


    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:58 PM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:58 PM

All replies

  • Have you tried the solution from Alessandro.

    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/forefrontedgeiag/thread/71002be1-9309-46ec-b780-d1608b1ecaf6

    The instruction is little bit off but just make sure they look like the lines below. 

    =========================================

    var oldonload = window.onload;
    if (typeof window.onload != 'function')
    {
    window.onload = function()
    {
    window.setTimeout("getWhlCookie('WhlST');",10);
    window.setTimeout("getWhlCookie('WhlSL');",10);
    }
    }
    else
    {
    window.onload = function()
    {
    oldonload();
    window.setTimeout("getWhlCookie('WhlST');",10);
    window.setTimeout("getWhlCookie('WhlSL');",10);
    }
    }

    ==========================================

    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 7:12 PM
  • I check my UAG with SP1. It already delete "new" and just like above.

    Is there any thing?


    邁格行動 技術顧問 George 小顧 部落格: http://www.magg.com.tw/blog/
    Sunday, April 17, 2011 11:57 PM
  • UAG has some issues publishing InfoPath, because it injects code into the HTML that's sent, and that breaks the XML functionality. The solution is to configre the Advanced Trunk on the UAG trunk to SKIP PARSING for the InfoPath forms. It can be tricky. Here are the steps:

    1) Figure out the name of the internal server that you are publishing

    2) Figure out the pattern of the files you want to skip (for example, /infopath/files*)

    3) Go to Advanced Trunk config on the UAG

    4) Go to the Portal Tab

    5) Click on "do not parse the responses bodies for these requests"

    6) Click on ADD SERVER, and add the server from step (1)

    7) Click on Add URL, and add the relative URL from step (2)

    8) Click OK and OK, and activate your configuration.

    You may have to play with this a bit, to fine-tune the exact path that doesn't break other things, but if you understand RegEx, you should be fine!


    Ben Ari
    Microsoft CSS UAG/IAG Support
    Sammamish, WA
    • Marked as answer by Erez Benari Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:58 PM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:58 PM
  • Thursday, May 5, 2011 1:43 PM
  • We too are getting problems with InfoPath forms not being displayed via UAG.

    We are getting "The From can not be displayed in the browser because the use of session cookies has been disabled..."

    I have tried adding the Skip Parsing step as outlined above and editing the LogOff script as mentionted in another post, we do not have the problem internally on the site only via UAG which is published as Other Web Application (Portal Hostname) rather than SharePoint Server as we are using FBA to access this site.

    Any help much appreciated.

    Jules

    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 12:00 PM
  • Hi Jules,

    i guess using the "Other Web Application (Portal Hostname)" template will most likely break your InfoPath application, since it changes the URL structure too much.

    So i would recommend you to switch over to the  "Other Web Application (Application specific Hostname)" template. By doing this you will be still able to use FBA (Form Based Auth) for site access.

    -Kai

    Wednesday, August 10, 2011 2:02 PM
  • Hi Kai,

    Many thanks for response, will try a test today, I did however publish another application to the NTAuth (different port) version of the site in the same fashion and this works fine; I am presuming there is something with the cookies and FBA.

    Jules

    Thursday, August 11, 2011 8:11 AM
  • "The From can not be displayed in the browser because the use of session cookies has been disabled..."

    I get this when the web app's web.config file has this httpOnlyCookies set to true:

    <httpCookies httpOnlyCookies="true" requireSSL="true" />

    Friday, November 8, 2013 1:06 PM