FOPE Spam RRS feed

• Question

• Are there default spam filters that FOPE has or does everything have to be setup from scratch by the admin.  My previous filter would get new definitions each day from the provider.  I could setup special ones. What about blacklisted ips?

Friday, October 28, 2011 4:44 PM

Answers

• The only thing I know of, is you could create specific allow policies for those IPs that have been put on a blacklist, or you could create a policy to quarantine everything from 0.0.0.0/0, but wouldn't that kinda defeat the purpose of filtering?

In either case, log a case with FOPE support and go through your scenarios with them.

Friday, October 28, 2011 9:44 PM

All replies

• Yes, FOPE uses a set of default filters that will catch most everything. You have the option of setting up additional filters in the administration console, but it is not necessary; however, the FOPE User Guide has a number of recommended settings for the Additional Spam Filtering (ASF) options for each of your domains. As far as blacklists go, FOPE uses RBLs, so any IP on an RBL trying to send mail to you will be blocked.
    Friday, October 28, 2011 5:14 PM
  • Can you override the RBLs be overidden.  That was one of the issues we had with our other scanner.  Some of the companies we get email, from time to time get put on a blacklist.  Bascially, I don't want any email rejected, but stored in quarantine.
    Friday, October 28, 2011 5:42 PM
  • The only thing I know of, is you could create specific allow policies for those IPs that have been put on a blacklist, or you could create a policy to quarantine everything from 0.0.0.0/0, but wouldn't that kinda defeat the purpose of filtering?

In either case, log a case with FOPE support and go through your scenarios with them.

Friday, October 28, 2011 9:44 PM