none
Two Seperate Login Pages, one for each Portal RRS feed

• Question

• We are using UAG 2010 Server.

We have a Live UAG Portal for Staff with various Applications. (We have made custom changes to the .css & en-us.xml and placed them in appropriate custom updates folders and they are functioning)

We are creating a separate Portal for the Public (on the same UAG server) which we want a separate look and feel and a few extra links on the login page.

Is it possible to have two different login pages within the same UAG server?

(I don't see how I can accomplish this using the Custom updates folders without affecting the live Portal)

Any Ideas?

Thank you.

• Moved by Joyce L Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:42 AM move to the correct forum
    Wednesday, January 14, 2015 3:03 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You must create a seperate portal for the public users. In the new portal you are able to create a custom portal design

best regards Marc Grote - www.it-training-grote.de

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 4:49 PM
  • Yes, Thank you, as stated in my post, we are creating a separate Portal for the public but this portal still displays the same login page as the Staff portal (which has already been Customized for it's purpose)

The problem is, How do we get one Login Page for one Portal and a separate Login Page for the other Portal?

By Microsoft's Design, all Portals that are created use the same Login Page. If you customize one Portal, the rest of the Portals also are customized the same.

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 6:26 PM
  • Hi There, 

I guess, you can define/develop two login pages as you would love and place it in 

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\von\PortalHomePage\CustomUpdate

may be as InternalPortal.asp and ExternalPortal.asp.

In respective portals, you can differentiate the logon pages by going to "Advanced Trunk Configuration" and in Logon Scheme -> User Login page -> Externalportal.asp

Please let me know, how it goes.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 3:28 PM
  • Hi There, 

I guess, you can define/develop two login pages as you would love and place it in 

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Forefront Unified Access Gateway\von\PortalHomePage\CustomUpdate

may be as InternalPortal.asp and ExternalPortal.asp.

In respective portals, you can differentiate the logon pages by going to "Advanced Trunk Configuration" and in Logon Scheme -> User Login page -> Externalportal.asp or InternalPortal.asp

Please let me know, how it goes.

• Proposed as answer by Vasu Deva Tuesday, January 20, 2015 3:30 PM
    Tuesday, January 20, 2015 3:29 PM
  • Thank you for your reply, the problem with that is, that there are two pages that we already made custom changes to in order to modify the homepage. These pages get called when opening the Homepage.

These files are as following:

1. added link on homepage to "Create Account" (created in internalsites/languages/CustomUpdate/en-US.xml)

2. Changed logo on Homepage (Added in  Internalsites/images/CustomUpdate/Newlogo.jpg)

Note: the login.asp page actually gets called from the internalsites folder not the PortalHomepage folder as stated in the above post.

Note 2: The above changes appears on both homepages when opening either Portal.

So I tried your suggestion creating another page and placed it in: internalsites/customupdate/Logininternal.asp.

I added the path:/customupdate/Logininternal.asp in the "Logon Scheme" settings as shown in your Print Screen.

This worked when going to that site and I could login...but it still displays the custom modifications made in step 1 and 2 above (which are required for the first portal only)

So the issue is, changing the login page name and putting it in the Custom folder works (Except is still displays the Custom text/logo changes made in the first Portal)

rpciam1

Wednesday, January 21, 2015 7:32 PM