X500 addresses in Exchange and LegacyExchangeDN office365 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there

have to confess my ignorance here but can someone explain to me in simple terms what the X500 address is used for - is it the same as LegacyExchangeDN - i ran into a problem the other day when some migrated users to o365 were not able to receive any new mail sent to them from onprem users - turned out they were missing their x500 address in their email proxy addresses - adding this resolved the issue. I have looked online there are a couple of explanations but nothing that clearly explains them in a simple fashion as to their purpose - issues with them etc. Can someone assist please?

Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:11 PM

Answers

• Hi Nicholas,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by nickkinn Wednesday, January 3, 2018 10:45 AM
    Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:47 AM

All replies

• Hi there

have to confess my ignorance here but can someone explain to me in simple terms what the X500 address is used for - is it the same as LegacyExchangeDN - i ran into a problem the other day when some migrated users to o365 were not able to receive any new mail sent to them from onprem users - turned out they were missing their x500 address in their email proxy addresses - adding this resolved the issue. I have looked online there are a couple of explanations but nothing that clearly explains them in a simple fashion as to their purpose - issues with them etc. Can someone assist please?

The X500 Address represents the legacyExchangeDN, yes. When a mbx is moved to 365, one of the attributes that is changed is legacyExchangeDN on the account. To allow and preserve cached replies from Outlook, the old LegacyExchangeDN is added as a X500 address.
    • Proposed as answer by Niko.Cheng Thursday, December 21, 2017 9:58 AM
    Tuesday, December 19, 2017 1:16 PM
  • Hi Nicholas,

I'm just writing to check how's everything going? If you have any questions or needed further help on this issue, please feel free to post back. If the issue has been resolved, please mark the helpful replies as answers, this will make answer searching in the forum easier and be beneficial to other community members as well.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Niko Cheng

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by nickkinn Wednesday, January 3, 2018 10:45 AM
    Thursday, December 28, 2017 9:47 AM