SharePoint Labels (security and compliance) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm trying to create/publish a sensitivity label within the Security and Compliance centre. However, I cannot publish it?The wizard goes as far as 'Publish to users and groups', but nothing is visible, clicking Next does nothing.

Is this related to permissions, though I have global admin rights.

Thursday, February 14, 2019 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi orange juice jones,

I can't recreate your problem in my environment, In my environment, when I select User on the "Publish to Users & Groups" page, I can normally click “Next”.

I don't see the option to select User from your screenshot, and the problem seems to be here.

To help you better, can you provide some information about the label you set up? For example, screenshots.

Best regards,

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, February 15, 2019 8:33 AM
  • Hi orange juice jones,

Has this problem been solved?

If the problem persists, you can provide more information for me to help you better, look forward to receiving your reply.

Best regards,

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, February 20, 2019 1:35 AM
  • Hi, I'm now getting the same screenshot as Itch Sun.

Maybe I don't understand the usage of Label: Sensitivity vs retention

Why does Sensitivity labels publish to 'Users and Groups' whereas Retention labels publish to 'Locations' ?

When I publish a Sensitivity Policy, is this label meant to be attached to a file/folder in a document library as this does not work. In my document library I can only see Retention labels and not Sensitivity labels ?

Could you confirm the operation please?

Wednesday, February 27, 2019 2:11 PM
  • Hi orange juice jones,

You can better understand the definition of sensitivity and retention labels in the following articles:

Sensitivity labels:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/Office365/SecurityCompliance/sensitivity-labels#protect-content-on-windows-devices-by-using-endpoint-protection-in-microsoft-intune

retention labels:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/securitycompliance/labels?redirectSourcePath=%252farticle%252faf398293-c69d-465e-a249-d74561552d30

Best regards

Itch Sun

Thursday, February 28, 2019 8:23 AM
  • Hi
    I've created both a Sensitivity and Retention policies both which are published.

The problem is that I can add a Retention label on the files but I cannot add a Sensitivity Label in SharePoint within either the document itself or against the column in the library.

Thursday, February 28, 2019 6:25 PM