none
Project Server - Creating a project from a SharePoint List Item: issue with start date RRS feed

• Question

• In our PWA (Project Server on Premises 2016, August 2018 CU), there is a SharePoint List from which we intend to create projects using the button "Create Projects".

In the List, we have a column named Start (Type "Date and Time"), which we want to match with the standard project field "Start Date" of Project Server. We map the list item to an EPT as well, for which a schedule template has been configured years ago.

When creating the project, no errors happen, but instead of taking-over the Start date from the SharePoint List item, the new project in Project Server overtakes the start date of the schedule template of the EPT.

I checked the template and there are no Constraint of any type in it. I counterchecked in Project Online environment and in a on premises 2013 environment and could not reproduce the issue.

Do you have any suggestion or ideas ?

Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I have seen this issue when there had been manually scheduled tasks in the template. This stops project start date recalculation. Moreover (from my mind), Project Start Date was set to date in list, but start date of project summary tasks was the one from template.

Regards
    Barbara

Thursday, February 7, 2019 4:02 PM
  • Hi Barbara, and thanks for the reply,

I checked the template again: not any manually scheduled tasks. New tasks are set to be created in automatic mode (both in template and in the server settings).

Regards
    Thomas

Thursday, February 7, 2019 4:37 PM
  • Hi,

I tried the scenario, but my project start date is properly updating with SharePoint list "start" date not with the schedule template date.

Make sure to map the SharePoint list start date field with PWA start date field as shown in the below image.

Friday, February 8, 2019 7:12 AM
  • Hi Thomas,

I am able to reproduce your issue with current patch level. I am sure that it worked in the past. Quite interesting and annoying. I will do some more tests in the weekend an let you know if I find something.

Barbara

Friday, February 8, 2019 7:51 AM