none
Upgrating workgroup to domain

Question

• Hi...

I have a workgroup...

I will try for upgrade to domain...

So I make a server on network and install a windows server 2008R2 and thereafter install active directory with DNS,

i join a PC to domain

in PC and in Local user desktop i have many file and etc

My client must access to all files and documents and software's with out any changes !

what must I do for users of domain  so that they can access to desktop,files and software's  as  a local user of PC?

thanks

Monday, October 29, 2012 6:58 AM

Answers

• I find that in win xp and My document there is a folder with name "All Users"

and in win 7 there is a folder with name "Public"

all users who log on to our PC  can access to this folders  ...

ّFor example ,when i copy a file into "Public Document",any user Log on to PC and open the document can access to file...

• Marked as answer by jaber4000 Monday, October 29, 2012 12:46 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2012 12:46 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can use USMT tool a freeware from Microsoft to migrate the users data from old profile to new Domain profile.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd560801(v=ws.10).aspx

Thanks and Regards, Mukesh. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Monday, October 29, 2012 7:03 AM
  • thanks

I'm going to try it...

Monday, October 29, 2012 7:31 AM
  • I find that in win xp and My document there is a folder with name "All Users"

and in win 7 there is a folder with name "Public"

all users who log on to our PC  can access to this folders  ...

ّFor example ,when i copy a file into "Public Document",any user Log on to PC and open the document can access to file...

• Marked as answer by jaber4000 Monday, October 29, 2012 12:46 PM
    Monday, October 29, 2012 12:46 PM
  • Hi,

You can use USMT tool a freeware from Microsoft to migrate the users data from old profile to new Domain profile.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd560801(v=ws.10).aspx

Thanks and Regards, Mukesh. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights. Please VOTE as HELPFUL if the post helps you and remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

OLD thread but You should definitely use USMTGUI to run USMT for you. It's really swift!

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 12:22 PM