none
The Lync Server Front-End service terminated with the following service-specific error: %%3286842381 RRS feed

• Question

•    
    The Lync Server Front-End service terminated with the following service-specific error: %%3286842381

Hi I have Skype4B 2015 pool with 3 node in the pool and latest CU already installed
    OS is Windows Server 2016
    .Net Version =4.6

and on random time the skype FE Service is keep terminating from time to time with the below event

The Lync Server Front-End service terminated with the following service-specific error: %%3286842381

And before this event i can see the following events in same order

1-

A configured certificate could not be loaded from store. The serial number is attached for reference.
     Extended Error Code: 0x80092004.

(When i search the certificate from the serial number i found the certificate already exist and still valid not expired)

-------

2-

A serious problem related to certificates is preventing Skype for Business Server from functioning.

Unable to use a certificate as configured.
    Transport:TLS, IP address:0.0.0.0, Port:5061, Error:0xC3E93C0D(SIP_E_STACK_TRANSPORT_CERT_NOT_FOUND).
    Ensure that a valid certificate is present in the local computer certificate store. Also ensure that the server has sufficient privileges to access the store.

Cause: The Skype for Business Server failed to initialize with the configured certificate.
    Resolution:
    Review and correct the certificate configuration, then start the service again.

3-

The protocol stack reported a critical error: code 0xC3E93C0D (SIP_E_STACK_TRANSPORT_CERT_NOT_FOUND). The service has to stop.

• Edited by GeekO SA Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:31 AM Update .net version
    Thursday, October 17, 2019 4:26 AM

All replies

• Hi GeekO SA,

What do you do before this issue appearing?

I think you could request a new certificate or assign a renew certificate using Lync deployment wizard step 3 and have a try.

In addition, you can refer to the following link about how to resolve Lync front end server fail to start.

http://terenceluk.blogspot.com/2013/09/new-lync-server-2013-deployments-front.html

Note: Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. The sites are not controlled by Microsoft. Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. Please make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any suggestions from the above link.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 6:37 AM
  • Hi GeekO SA,

Do you have any further issue on this topic?

Meanwhile, if there is no issue, please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Sharon Zhao

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 2:53 AM