Windows 7 dual monitor taskbar issue RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to add (i.e. copy) the taskbar to a second monitor (in extended view)?  I have two flat panel monitors (both same size...actually they are flat panel tv displays) hooked up to my HTPC (home threatre pc).  The monitors are in two different rooms (thus lies the problem).  I would like to be able to open and close whatever program I wish on each monitor at the same time but the 2nd monitor is just blank (i.e. no taskbar).  For example, wish to view windows media center on one monitor while playing a game on another.  How is this done?  Thanks.
    Rob Kzoo, MI
    Tuesday, June 7, 2011 5:02 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Using two monitors with Extend mode, one of them is the main monitor. You need to drag the program window from main monitor to the second monitor such as Windows Media Center window, then open another program such as your game on main monitor. Now, you could view them at the same time in separate monitors.

Best Regards,

Niki

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    • Marked as answer by Niki Han Monday, June 20, 2011 5:24 AM
    Thursday, June 9, 2011 8:46 AM