My system will no loger allow my macros to work RRS feed

• Question

• I am operating an HP notebook with Windows Vista Home Premium SP2 and Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007.  I frequently use workbooks that have several macros set up for ease of use and quick information return.  The last time I accessed one of the files was less than a month ago, and the only major changes that have occured to my system are an update to my Norton internet security and a new internet provider.  As of this morning , however, my macros wont work!  Instead I get a pop up informing me that "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.  Please contact your system administrator."  I am the administrator!  I am no computer pro, but have a little bit of knowledge and have so far tried the following:

+disables the security program and retried the macro; unsuccessful. 
    +explored /changed options for macro security in the excel developer tab; no fix.
    +changed my excel trust center options; nothing.
    +looked through Windows defender and Firewall in the control panel; found nothing out of the ordinary.

I have run out of ideas and am frustrated I cannot get  my macros to work.  Any help or guidance is appreciated.
    Sunday, February 13, 2011 1:14 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As you mentioned, this issue occurred after an update to Norton internet security and a new browser. I hope you have system restore enabled. If so, the best way is to perform system restore.

With regarding to macros, I think Norton might consider it as virus and deleted it. You may need to rebuild.

Regards,

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    Friday, February 18, 2011 3:01 AM