none
RD Gateway is temporarily unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• ++ 2008R2  Environment.

++ Installed Session host role, RDGW role and RD WEB access role on one server 

++ Customer is accessing third part application via RD Gateway.

++ Customer has public certificate XYZ.COM but the internal domain is different i.e. XYZ.local

++ RD Gateway is configured on the SSL certificate name.(XYZ.COM)

++ Customer created the Forward lookup zone within DNS with the name XYZ.COM and created the host records.

++ Customer has published third party applications to access them via RD Gateway instead from RDweb.

++ I checked from DC customer is able to ping the Gateway server and able to access the third party application.

++ But from client machine which are in same Network unable to ping RD Gateway and unable to access third party application along with mstsc.

Error Message:

Your computer can't connect to the remote computer because the Remote Desktop Gateway server is temporarily unavailable. Contact your network administrator for assistance.

Could any one please suggest on the above issue...

Sunday, March 10, 2019 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

> But from client machine which are in same Network unable to ping RD Gateway and unable to access third party application along with mstsc.
    Please try to ping IP address of Gateway instead of computer name or FQDN and check the result. If Ping IP address still fails, it may be network connectivity, or intermedia device relate problem.

Besides, I want to confirm with you if there are more than one NICs on your Gateway server? In general, multi NICs may also causing such problem. If possible, please post the “ipconfig /all” result of your Gateway.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, March 11, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Hi,

How things are going there on this issue?

Please let me know if you would like further assistance.

Best Regards,
    Eve Wang 

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, March 13, 2019 7:19 AM
  • Hi,

Is there any update?

Please click “Mark as answer” if any of above reply is helpful. It would make this reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar problem.

Best Regards,

Eve Wang

Friday, March 15, 2019 8:17 AM