manual file or folder Scanning using FCS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone,

I am using Forefront Client Security (Single server solution) installed on windows server 2003, i m having a problem while trying to manually scan sum specific files or folders by right clicking the file or folder & select scan with FCS but all in vain there is no option for scanning single file or folder.

as in all other anti-virus systems there is option of right click the desired file or folder & Scan but i am unable to find in using FCS.

is there any tweak for that.? or anyother way to get this task.?

BRegards

Thursday, May 29, 2008 7:05 AM

All replies

• Yasir,

I'm afraid it's just a simple answer to you question. It's not possible :-(

and there is no hack that i know of.

I do know that this feature has been a strong request for next version of FCS. Keep your fingers crossed.

/Johan

Thursday, May 29, 2008 2:21 PM
  • You can go to the Forefront Client Security UI and under the scan drop down menu, select Custom Scan. From here it is possible to individually select folders to scan. There are some limitations to the current implementation of the UI, in that when you select a folder, it is not possible to scan just the files in that folder without scanning any of its subfolders. This is probably an advanced scenario, but I thought I'd call it out just the same.

The best way to accomplish your task would be to Copy the files you want to scan into a folder (say C:\Temp\ToScan) and then select that folder from the Custom Scan folder selection dialog.
    Thursday, July 10, 2008 9:46 PM
  • Hi

That is correct.  It is not possible.  However stirling has this feature so it will be available in the next release of FCS.

Wednesday, August 13, 2008 11:46 AM