none
PQ to Salesforce Connector authentication issues RRS feed

  • Question

  • I was able to create a connection yesterday between power query and Salesforce Objects.  I'm using Office 365 ProPlus. Today, I tried to refresh and I received the error "The Credentials provided are invalid" with the message below that saying "you're already signed in".  I have a PowerBi Desktop connection that works fine.  Why would this be a problem for PQ????  I need this resolved as soon as possible  
    Friday, December 16, 2016 3:15 AM

Answers

  • Hi,

    This is what she installed: PowerQuery_2.39.4526.123 (32-bit) [en-us].msi

    I think this must be the latest available for the moment

    By the way, this is what I got from SalesForce after opening a case with them:

    "I have gone through investigation of the similar cases which was logged by another customer and it seems that issue is connected with the TLS setting at the third party end.

    The "Excel Power Query" third party tool needs be updated to use TLS Version 1.2.These changes needs to be made at the third party end.

    Also changing the TLS version from 1.1 to TLS 1.0 at the org level has resolved the issue for the affected users.

    So I believe that you need to contact your third party tool team to update the TLS version to 1.2 in order to make it work or need to roll back the TLS 1.1 to TLS 1.0."

    Regards,

    Amin


    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 8:02 AM

All replies

  • I'm having the same issue with Power Query, getting the invalid credentials error. Then, when I sign in again, I get the error "the service returned an invalid token." This began happening yesterday with a query that was working before. The same connection in Power BI works fine.
    Friday, December 16, 2016 4:44 PM
  • Thank you for reporting these issues.

    We have been able to reproduce the issue, but we're seeing it only with certain kinds of Salesforce accounts.

    We've reported the issue to Salesforce and are waiting to hear back.

    Thanks,
    Sid

    Friday, December 16, 2016 9:18 PM
  • Could you please try the following workaround?

    - Close Excel

    - Create a new environment variable with "PQ_EnableTls12ForOAuth" as the name and "1" as the value (quotes not to be included). You can create the environment variable via This PC -> Properties -> Advanced Settings -> Advanced -> Environment Variables.

    - Restart Excel

    - If necessary, clear your Salesforce permissions via PQ's Data Source Settings

    Thanks,
    Sid

    Friday, December 16, 2016 10:16 PM
  • That didn't seem to fix anything.  I seem to get the same exact issue.
    Saturday, December 17, 2016 12:57 PM
  • Hello SidJay,

    That solved the problem with my PQ/SF.com connections (Thanks a lot for that :-)), but unfortunately it doesn't work in the files a colleague is using. I'm working with Office 2016, but she's using Office2013 with the PQ addon. Is that the reason why it doesn't work for everybody?

    Thanks again,

    Amin

    Monday, December 19, 2016 2:21 PM
  • Are they using the latest version of the add-in?

    Thanks.

    Monday, December 19, 2016 7:23 PM
  • Hi,

    This is what she installed: PowerQuery_2.39.4526.123 (32-bit) [en-us].msi

    I think this must be the latest available for the moment

    By the way, this is what I got from SalesForce after opening a case with them:

    "I have gone through investigation of the similar cases which was logged by another customer and it seems that issue is connected with the TLS setting at the third party end.

    The "Excel Power Query" third party tool needs be updated to use TLS Version 1.2.These changes needs to be made at the third party end.

    Also changing the TLS version from 1.1 to TLS 1.0 at the org level has resolved the issue for the affected users.

    So I believe that you need to contact your third party tool team to update the TLS version to 1.2 in order to make it work or need to roll back the TLS 1.1 to TLS 1.0."

    Regards,

    Amin


    Tuesday, December 20, 2016 8:02 AM
  • I can confirm, that this fix worked for me. After deactivating the security-update in salesforce, I was able to connect via Power Query. However, it's more of a workaround: Salesforce forces me to activate TLS 1.1 or higher in 73 days.
    • Edited by JLietzau Wednesday, December 21, 2016 9:25 AM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2016 9:24 AM