RDS Certificate Renewal RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

Need one help in renewing certificate for Remote Desktop Service in Windows server 2008-R2

Whenever I am trying to renew certificate,  next option ask to specify online certificate Authority where the ' Select '  option for the same is grade out.  Certificate Authority role installed on my DC (Windows server 2012) 

Monday, June 15, 2015 10:24 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I recommend you use a certificate from a trusted public authority such as GeoTrust, Thawte, DigiCert, Comodo, GoDaddy, etc., unless all devices are domain-joined and are configured to automatically trust certificates from your internal CA.  Please note that some device types are not able to be joined to your domain.

Regardless of whether or not you are using public CA or internal CA, please make a new certificate request using the appropriate subject name.  One method (there are others) for this would be to use the wizard in IIS Manager.

-TP

• Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:56 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2015 4:16 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I recommend you use a certificate from a trusted public authority such as GeoTrust, Thawte, DigiCert, Comodo, GoDaddy, etc., unless all devices are domain-joined and are configured to automatically trust certificates from your internal CA.  Please note that some device types are not able to be joined to your domain.

Regardless of whether or not you are using public CA or internal CA, please make a new certificate request using the appropriate subject name.  One method (there are others) for this would be to use the wizard in IIS Manager.

-TP

• Proposed as answer by Amy Wang_ Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:02 AM
    • Marked as answer by Amy Wang_ Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:56 AM
    Monday, June 15, 2015 4:16 PM
  • Hi,

If you are using certificates issued by internal CA, you may use Certificate Snap-in or Certreq.exe to enroll certificates.

Appendix 3: Certreq.exe Syntax

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc736326(v=ws.10).aspx

Best Regards,

Amy

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and un-mark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, June 25, 2015 9:02 AM